Indiana Department of Revenue - Case Payment

Registered Retail Merchant Reinstatement - Payment Arrangements

Welcome to INtax Pay (formerly known as INtax Retail Merchant Reinstatement program), the state's online tool for paying your balance in full or establishing a payment plan for your unpaid tax bill(s).

INtax Pay now includes new features that allow individual customers to also setup payment plans in addition to businesses that are paying to reinstate their Registered Retail Merchant Certificate (RRMC).

A registered retail merchant certificate cannot be renewed by the Department if the merchant has unpaid tax debts. This Web site allows businesses to electronically pay past due taxes owed to the Department to acquire a current retail merchant certificate. All Indiana retail merchant certificates must be renewed every two years by the Department. The retail merchant certificate makes it legal for Indiana retail merchants to make a retail transaction in Indiana. If your retail merchant certificate has been cancelled, the business must reregister with the Department and pay a $25 registration fee per location.

NOTE: If you have the funds available to pay your tax bill in full, the Indiana Department of Revenue strongly urges you to do so, rather than making a payment arrangement. Even if you establish a payment plan with the Department, you will still be required to pay a 10 percent penalty and interest that will continue to accrue on your unpaid tax balance until it is paid in full. If, however, you do not have the funds available to pay your bill in full, you may be eligible for a payment plan arrangement.

Please read below to determine if your business is eligible to establish a payment plan with the Department using this online service:

Generally, in order to establish a payment plan, the amount of tax due must be greater than $500. However, the Department will make exceptions to that rule for special cases. If you believe you have a special case, you must call 317-232-2165. You cannot make “special case” payment arrangements using INtax Pay.

My bill is $501 - $1,000.
If you owe between $501 and $1,000, you may establish a payment plan for up to 12 months.

My bill is $1,001 - $5,000.
If you owe between $1,001 and $5,000, you may establish a payment plan for up to 24 months.

My bill is $5,001 and above.
If you owe more than $5,000, you may establish a payment plan for up to 36 months.

For more information about penalties, accrued interest, payment methods, etc., please click the link below for a list of frequently asked questions.

Frequently Asked Questions